Sunday, April 18, 2010

Days 2 & 3

Yesterday and today have been filled with more knitting time.  As I knit, I think, and all this thinking is a good thing.  I know I'm spread too thin.  And I know I try too hard to make everyone happy.  My husband says "I'm only one man", and the truth is that I'm only one woman.  I'm a lot of things to a lot of people, but I'm still just one.  "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13 really appears to be my life verse.   I hope in all this doing, I'm not missing out on the relationships I should be building - especially my relationship with Christ.  Our campus pastor Chris spoke today about God hating religion, and it really got me thinking - I am involved in multiple ministries, but am I missing out on my relationship with Christ?  Is all this running around and serving taking me away from my genuine quiet time with him?

It's a lot to think about.  One of my goals is to 'live out loud' - just be me and the best me I can be.  It sounds like a simple goal, but I've found it's not so simple.  There are so many outside influences that push me into a box (different boxes in different situations, but a box none the less).  I pray that one day I can let go of all those outside influences and just hear God telling me how to best be me.

No comments: