Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week One

This week has actually been sooooo productive! I finished Kai's sweater, but now I have to find the perfect buttons. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to do that and then I'll post pictures. I've made a soap sock for my neighbor little Miss Mirium. Now I've got to start something else, or maybe drag out a ufo to work on.

And I've been really good with my 40 days of purpose. I missed exercising (and I use the term very loosely) one day and missed my PM vitamin one day. Not too bad. I've lost 6 lbs. I know... that just can't be right, can it? That means I've lost 6.8 lbs so far for July! Holy crap! I know it's just 'water weight' blah blah blah, but that number makes me pretty darn excited. And that means I'm now less than 10 lbs to my first goal (9.2 to be exact). Pedicure, here I come!

Now onto the more serious... in the first week we've learned that it's not about us, it's all about Him, we are not an accident, He should be the driving force in our lives, this life is not all there is, life is a test and a trust and temporary, and that there's a reason for everything - pretty good stuff. I think sometimes I need to be reminded, particularly of the "life is a test" piece. Am I doing the best that I can with what I have? Am I making the right choices? How can I make better choices? I think right now I'm in the midst of a test from God. It's a big one and one that is very difficult for me. It's been going on for a while and sometimes I just want to throw my hands up and say "whatever" and do what I want to do. I know deep down that's not the right decision. I know that there is a lesson to be learned and that basically I've been stupid and not getting it. Ok, I'm the slow kid in class. But I'm hoping now that I'm starting to get it that this test and the point of this lesson will stick with me forever. I'd hate to have to go through this test again!

No comments: