Tuesday, July 7, 2009

40 Days of Purpose/Getting my Life Together

The last few weeks have felt out of control to me. Friends have passed away, friends have gotten cancer, relationships have ended, I've gained weight, stopped going by our budget, been exhausted and lost touch with Christ. I've been reacting rather than creating. It's amazing how much can change in a few short weeks.

This past weekend was just what I needed - 3 days camping at the beach. It was a great break between life then and life now. Our small group met last night and we're starting a study on The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I read this book a few years ago, but really didn't take the time necessary to reflect on it. This study comes at the perfect time for me to reconnect with Christ and take back my life.

So for the next 40 days, I've come up with my plan to take back my life. (Yes, I know these are heavily focused on my physical being, but I think the only way I'm going to feel better emotionally and spiritually is if I'm taking care of this body that God gave me.)

Daily I'm going to....
  1. Read and Reflect
  2. Pray
  3. Take my vitamins
  4. Take my fiber
  5. Use my balancing cream
  6. Exercise
  7. Follow my nutritionist's eating plan
I pray I can do this for 40 days - I know that it's worth it and that at the end of these 40 days I will be in a much better place in my life!

No comments: