Monday, April 6, 2009

April

What is up with this weather?!  Oye - one day it's 80 and the next it's 40.  I just want the weather to make up it's mind.  

We've had a lot of drama lately.  M&D are moving down.  They really enjoyed their month here in February.  They were back last week to check out Wilmington and decided the F-V area is where they want to be.  They want to open up a sewing/fabric shop here in town.  We really need one, so it would be great.  It's a lot of stress.

Also, my friend J. has been very sick.  She's got 3 kids and home-schools them, so it's a lot of stress.  Her DH works full-time, so it's a lot for her to do all on her own.  She had surgery to remove her gall bladder a couple weeks ago and seems to be much better.  I actually did knit her a prayer shawl - it was actually one that I resurrected from my knitting basket.  It originally was going to be for Erica, who passed away last year.  I couldn't bring myself to frog it and it's been with me ever since.  It just felt good to knit it again, this time for J. with all my prayers for her and her family.  The surgery was a success and we're so happy for her.

Unfortunately, J.'s DH R. lost his job officially today.  He knew on Friday that he was going to be laid off today.  How terrible.  Today he went in, signed his separation agreement and then the family headed off to visit family in GA.  It's good that they can get away and hopefully have some time to regroup.  I'm so sad for them.  They are such good people, caring, sweet, hard working... it's hard to see this happen to someone so close.  I know others that have been laid off, but none that have been so close to us and none that have had kids.  

Please pray for them - I worry about the tough times they have ahead.


No comments: