Thursday, November 20, 2008

What is wrong with people?

Seriously? So last night I was on cnn.com catching up on the national news, and I came across this story. The video made me cry. Any adult who can do that to children has no business being around them. I hope they get jail time. Even the older sibling (who was no older than 4 or 5) who tried to save the younger brother knew what was going on was wrong. How could a parent think it's right?


Then this morning I see this story in the paper. Now I know we don't have all the information yet, but seriously... what is wrong with people? Even in the best case scenario that the child died of natural causes, what made the mother think it's ok not to contact the authorities?

It breaks my heart that things like this happen at all - and that it happens to children just makes it that much worse. It brings out the 'mama bear' in me - I want to help and protect these children, but the best I can do is protect my own!

No comments: