Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Knit Away Weekend



Last weekend a few of us moms went away to a cabin on the ocean to knit and hang out. It was so nice to get away! We visited the Winter's Gone Alpaca Farm in Wiscasset. How cute is this guy?!? His name is Cinnabon, and unfortunately they were out of his wool. I ended up getting a hank from "Whiskey" - very pretty guy as well, but I didn't get a picture.


After hanging out at the Alpaca farm we headed to Halcyon Yarn. This is the most incredible store yarn store I've ever visited. I could spend hours wandering through the brilliant colors that float all the way to the ceiling. It was knitter heaven.


So I've started Cat Bordhi's Large Kitty Nest. Hopefully I'll finish soon. I actually was thinking that the pattern could be adapted to be a knee length skirt. We'll see - maybe some day I'll figure it out. And my parents sold one of my bags at the craft fair Saturday! So exciting!

No comments: